Bioethics Discussion Blog: Developing an Ethics Topic By Looking at a Picture

REMINDER: I AM POSTING A NEW TOPIC ABOUT ONCE A WEEK OR PERHAPS TWICE A WEEK. HOWEVER, IF YOU DON'T FIND A NEW TOPIC POSTED, THERE ARE AS OF MARCH 2013 OVER 900 TOPIC THREADS TO WHICH YOU CAN READ AND WRITE COMMENTS. I WILL BE AWARE OF EACH COMMENTARY AND MAY COME BACK WITH A REPLY.

TO FIND A TOPIC OF INTEREST TO YOU ON THIS BLOG, SIMPLY TYPE IN THE NAME OR WORDS RELATED TO THE TOPIC IN THE FIELD IN THE LEFT HAND SIDE AT TOP OF THE PAGE AND THEN CLICK ON “SEARCH BLOG”. WITH WELL OVER 900 TOPICS, MOST ABOUT GENERAL OR SPECIFIC ETHICAL ISSUES BUT NOT NECESSARILY RELATED TO ANY SPECIFIC DATE OR EVENT, YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO FIND WHAT YOU WANT. IF YOU DON’T PLEASE WRITE TO ME ON THE FEEDBACK THREAD OR BY E-MAIL DoktorMo@aol.com

IMPORTANT REQUEST TO ALL WHO COMMENT ON THIS BLOG: ALL COMMENTERS WHO WISH TO SIGN ON AS ANONYMOUS NEVERTHELESS PLEASE SIGN OFF AT THE END OF YOUR COMMENTS WITH A CONSISTENT PSEUDONYM NAME OR SOME INITIALS TO HELP MAINTAIN CONTINUITY AND NOT REQUIRE RESPONDERS TO LOOK UP THE DATE AND TIME OF THE POSTING TO DEFINE WHICH ANONYMOUS SAID WHAT. Thanks. ..Maurice

FEEDBACK,FEEDBACK,FEEDBACK! WRITE YOUR FEEDBACK ABOUT THIS BLOG, WHAT IS GOOD, POOR AND CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTIONS FOR IMPROVEMENT TO THIS FEEDBACK THREAD

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Developing an Ethics Topic By Looking at a Picture

This is the last day of the year 2008 and I have posted 650 threads on this bioethics blog in the past 4 ½ years. Most of them are more or less unique from each other on subjects regarding ethics in medical practice and medical education. I have been asked how I think of a new subject to write about. My answer is that much is based on my own experiences as long time chair of a hospital ethics committee and long time physician and teacher of medical students. I find some topics in medical journals, ethics journals and the news media. Some topics I get from what is being discussed on a bioethics listserv to which I subscribe. Since publishing photographs on this blog was made practical, I have tried to relate the subject I have written about with a particular graphic, hopefully to emphasize a point. However, another way that I use graphics is to start with a graphic and then think out what ethical issue that graphic might instill in me to write about. This approach is much more stimulating and represents, perhaps, an important way of looking at the world around us in terms of ethics.

So for this thread, I would like to perform a bit of an exercise or experiment in thinking about bioethics. I present the graphic below for my visitors to look at carefully, think and then come up with what they feel would be the best ethical issue that the graphic might illustrate. Perhaps, the issue might be one of the hundreds I have on this blog or perhaps it might be a totally new topic. If you take me up on this challenge, write a bit about what contributed to your decision.

And since is a discussion blog, if you disagree with the conclusion by a former visitor, explain your disagreement.
..Maurice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home